Branding in any media in not just about visual representation of your logo and colours, it’s also about the personality of your business and it’s people. Online media provides some unique ways to effectively share and reflect your brand image that allows engaging and interacting with your customers at a one to one level. Businesses can really use this to set themselves apart from competitors with how they communicate and manage relationships.
Here are some ideas that businesses can use to build and manage their online brand:
- Have a blog on your website – this will show your personality, expertise and interests, read more about the benefits
- Be part of the conversation – check online regularly with searches of your business name in blog posts and social media, you can use free tools like Social Mention or Technorati (for blogs). Wherever possible, get involved in discussions and reviews about your business.
- Create a Facebook page and build some “fans” – this will allow you to start any conversation and easily let them share their thoughts, photos and videos with you. LinkedIn is popular for business to business and career profiling.
- Get Tweeting on Twitter – an easy and quick way to build a strong online profile, great for connecting with people as well as driving traffic to your website and blog.
- Be active online – contribute to content by commenting on relevant and high profile blogs in your industry or area of interest.
What online activity has helped build your business brand? Keen to hear any other suggestions or examples of successful online branding.