I’m interested to know what website/s you like the best for booking and paying for accommodation in New Zealand and why.
I regularly advise accommodation operators about what websites to list on and what booking systems to use so I am aware of the most popular websites in terms of rankings and website traffic, which I think would correlate with booking popularity too, right?
Well, maybe not – so I’d like to hear about what people think rather than statistics, some things I’m keen to know:
- Do you always use the same tourism or accommodation website to book?
- Or do you tend to book direct with the accommodation property?
- Maybe you don’t book online at all and use email or the phone or even a travel agent?
- Do you use a different website for business versus holiday?
Tell me – I want to know what and why.
I will kick it off, I always book on Travelbug* or Wotif. I like Travelbug because it’s easy to use, good pricing, comprehensive and has an easy booking process, but sometimes I’ll also use Wotif for similar reasons but mainly because it may sometimes offer a better deal.
* Probably best to disclose that I was part of the development and launch of Travelbug when I was Marketing Manager at Vianet, but I stand behind my reasons for liking it and am no longer with Vianet or involved in promoting Travelbug. 🙂
Now – let’s hear yours! Add a comment.