You may think that having a blog on your website is just for professional bloggers or people who are experts in something, but in reality the functionality of a blog opens the door for your business to easily add fresh content to your website and allow online interaction with your customers.
Some of the key benefits of a Blog page are:
- Basically it’s a way to share any relevant information of interest with your target market. It may simply be a “News” page where you can add any recent or upcoming events, or news and tips about your business products and services.
- Because blog posts can be less formal, it can help to show the personality of your business and how you interact with customers providing an open way to communicate.
- Search engines like websites with fresh content and you can effectively grow the traffic of your website as each blog post can appear in search results. Particularly if you ensure you use the blog title in the URL name, e.g. this blog post URL includes:
- Blogs work in perfectly with social media as each blog post can be announced on Twitter or promoted using sites like LinkedIn or Facebook. These tools become an effective way to regularly attract relevant traffic to your site.
- For the above reasons, it can really make you stand out from your competitors online and build a stronger online profile.
- If you use a blog tool like WordPress you can manage and update your entire website with a full content management system that is free.
So if you are looking for a way to enhance your website and traffic then add a blog! Interested to hear any additional benefits or successes businesses have experienced by having a blog page so add your comments or questions.